Credentialing is a vital process that ensures healthcare professionals possess the necessary skills, knowledge, and qualifications to provide exceptional patient care. This includes, but is not limited to; patient safety, compliance with regulations, quality of care, and legal liability.
How it works
Once you have officially accepted an offer, you will be assigned a Credentialing Navigator who will be your point of contact during your credentialing process. Your Credentialing Navigator will contact you directly via email shortly after you accept an offer.
As part of this process, it will be necessary to provide recent medical records. Having your documents prepared will speed up the credentialing process greatly! The following are common requirements:
- Physical - within the last year
- PPD or IGRA - negative within last year; if positive, must have chest x-ray within two years of start, proof of positive, and TB Questionnaire updated annually
- MMR - two vaccine series or positive titer
- Varicella - two vaccine series or positive titer
- TDaP - vaccine within the last ten years
- Flu - vaccine during flu season or declination (not accepted by all units)
- Hep B - three vaccine series, titer, or declination
Testing (emailed to you after the offer is accepted)
- Competency Evaluation
- Core Mandatory Part I, II, and III (HIPAA & OSHA)
Medical testing reimbursement
As part of our dedication to your professional growth, we offer medical testing reimbursement to assist you in navigating the financial aspects required for credentialing.
Nomad Health will reimburse the costs of medical testing as long as the testing is a requirement for your Nomad Health credentialing process.
After successfully completing your credentialing, submit your medical receipts and documentation to your Credentialing Navigator, and we'll promptly acknowledge your reimbursement and confirm the payment date.
If you have questions related to this article or about traveling with Nomad Health in general, please contact us in one of the following ways:
- Call or text us at 866-OK-NOMAD (866-656-6623)
- Navigate to Nomadhealth.com and use the Help Chat Box in the bottom right-hand corner
- Email us at Support@Nomadhealth.com
We’re here to support you in whatever way suits you best!