In the event a facility requires you to float to a different department or unit, you may comply with the float request if:
- The request is within your clinical experience, skills, and competency, and you have the necessary credentials.
The Client Facility provides an appropriate orientation to the department/unit. If an appropriate orientation is not provided, immediately contact Nomad’s Director of Human Resources, who may be reached at hrdirector@Nomadhealth.com and (212) 401-6918.
If a float assignment is beyond your clinical experience, skills, or competency, and/or you do not have the necessary credentials, you must:
- Immediately inform Nomad of the float assignment by contacting Nomad’s Director of Human Resources at hrdirector@Nomadhealth.com or dialing (212) 401-6918
- Immediately inform the Client Facility that the float assignment is beyond your clinical experience, skills, or competency and/or that you need to gain the necessary credentials.
- Proceed to only provide patient care within your clinical experience, skills, or competency.
Nomad will work with the Client Facility to resolve the issue within the bounds of the applicable Nurse Practice Act and the contract between the Client Facility and Nomad. Employees will be paid for all hours worked.
If you have questions related to this article or about Nomad Health in general, please contact us in one of the following ways:
- Call or text us at 866-OK-NOMAD (866-656-6623)
- Navigate to Nomadhealth.com and use the Help Chat Box at the bottom right-hand corner.
- Email us at Support@Nomadhealth.com.
We’re here to support you in whatever way suits you best!