Navigating travel nursing certifications:
In this article, we'll explore some of the most common travel nursing certifications and provide resources to help you obtain them.
1. Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification: BLS is a fundamental certification required for many nursing positions. It covers essential life-saving techniques like CPR and AED usage. The American Heart Association (AHA) offers in-person and online BLS courses.
Resource: American Heart Association BLS Courses
2. Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Certification: The ACLS certification is valuable for nurses working in critical care and emergency care settings. It covers advanced cardiac life support skills. The AHA provides ACLS courses that help nurses respond effectively to cardiac emergencies.
Resource: AHA ACLS Courses
3. Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certification: PALS is designed for nurses who work with pediatric patients, often in emergency departments or pediatric units. The AHA offers PALS courses to develop skills in managing pediatric emergencies.
Resource: AHA PALS Courses
If you're applying for an assignment that requires a specific certification, you'll need to have it ready before submitting your application.
Please note that not all certifications have the same requirements or timelines. Some are more straightforward while others may have various prerequisites and exams. Be sure to check with the certification provider about the requirements and expected timelines.
Don’t forget that Nomad offers reimbursement for many certifications if they’re related to an assignment you’re taking with us. Reach out to a Navigator to learn more.
If you have questions related to this article or about Nomad Health in general, please contact us in one of the following ways:
- Call or text us at 866-OK-NOMAD (866-656-6623)
- Navigate to Nomadhealth.com and use the Help Chat Box at the bottom right-hand corner.
- Email us at Support@Nomadhealth.com.
We’re here to support you in whatever way suits you best!