Credentials required to practice
- ADRMS, CCI, or ARRT Certification
- Associates Degree OR certification program
State license (some states)
- State Licensure is currently required in OR, ND, NM, and NH.
UltraSound tech specialties
- Adult Echo
- Fetal Echo
- Medical Sonographer
- Peds Echo
- Peds Sonography
- Vascular Tech
While Nomad does not require Ultrasound Techs to have acute care setting experience to travel, some facilities require specific experience. This may include but is not limited to:
- facility type
- trauma level
- patient population
- equipment type
These and other facility-specific requirements can be found in the job post description.
- While Nomad accepts ADRMS, CCI, or ARRT certifications, many facilities have strict accreditation standards that they must adhere to. For this reason, facilities often require candidates to have certification through a specific credentialing agency. Please check the job post description to ensure your profile contains documentation of the correct certification required by the facility before applying.
Most jobs posted on our site will only require that candidates have RDMS Certification. However, if you have earned additional credentials, you may be eligible for positions at facilities that require one of the following:
- RDMS-FE or RDCS-FE
- RDCS-AE or RCS
- RVS or ARRT-VS.
As a reminder, if you have questions related to this article or any questions about allied health, please:
- Call or text us at +1 (980) 246-4768
- Email us at Support@Nomadhealth.com
- Or visit Nomadhealth.com and check out our support chat widget at the bottom right-hand corner.
We’re here to support you in whatever way suits you best!