Credentials required to practice
NBSTSA, NCCT, NCCSA, or RASA Certification
- NBSTSA Certification is required to practice in ID, IN, MA, NV, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, and TX.
- Associate degree or completed certification program
State license (some states)
- State Licensure is currently required in AR, CO, IL, ND, VA, and WA.
Surgical tech specialties include
- Surgical Tech
- Vascular Tech
- Ped sonography
While Nomad does not require Surg Techs to have acute care setting experience to travel, some facilities require specific experience. This may include but is not limited to:
- Facility type
- Trauma level
- Patient population
- Equipment type
These and other facility-specific requirements can be found in the job post description.
- While Nomad accepts NBSTSA, NCCT, NCCSA, or RASA certifications, many facilities have strict accreditation standards that they must adhere to. For this reason, facilities often require candidates to have certification through a specific credentialing agency. Please check the job post description to ensure your profile contains documentation of the correct certification required by the facility.
- Most jobs posted on our site only require candidates to have CST Certification. However, if you have earned additional credentials, you may be eligible for First Assistant positions at facilities that require CSFA Certification.
As a reminder, if you have questions related to this article or any questions about allied health, please:
- Call or text us at +1 (980) 246-4768
- Email us at Support@Nomadhealth.com
- Or visit Nomadhealth.com and check out our support chat widget at the bottom right-hand corner.
We’re here to support you in whatever way suits you best!